Friday 16 March 2012

Budapest

Last week we had four whole days away in Budapest. It's such a beautiful, fascinating city, I urge you to visit! It has absolutely everything you could want: magical spires and domes, mosaic-tiled roofs, enormous quantities of cake and goulash, yellow trams, ancient baths, more galleries and museums than we could visit, extraordinary ceilings, wildly ornate churches (including St Stephen's Basilica which actually contains the eponymous saint's mummified arm), a fascinating history, a spectacular parliament, breathtaking views... even sunshine!





 




It was great to have a complete break and I've really enjoyed getting back to work this week!


I'm off to London shortly for a Magpie's Treasure reading and collage workshop tomorrow at Under the Greenwood Tree in Clapham Old Town at 11am. My window display is up there at the moment and it would be great to see you if you're in the area! Or, if you happen to see me frantically cutting out magpies on the train down, feel free to get involved!* It will be FUN, I promise.


*Please bring your own scissors.

4 comments:

Natalia_Marta said...

Really beautiful city! мнеон reminds the city of Riga, the Baltic states! Thanks for this travel! :)

Unknown said...

Budapest looks wonderful - thanks for posting those pictures.
Good luck with the magpie workshop!

lisa stubbs said...

Budapest looks such an amazing city, it's now on my places to visit list! Have a fab time at your workshop in London:)

Hazel Dawis said...

I love the brown hen! so adorable!:)