Sunday 13 May 2012

Ode to Autumn


It's still a bit of a work in progress, but yesterday was my mum's birthday and I made this for her.

I'm not sure about the creamy-beigey background of this version of the print - cream is so difficult to photograph accurately! I'd quite like to try hanging it in front of a piece of dark wood because it looked lovely lying on my wooden plan chest.

Every piece is joined together by wire so you can actually lift the entire thing up in one go. I ended up wrapping two versions of this for mum, one print like this in a frame and also the original sandwiched between two sheets of glass which were cobbled together from two other frames (luckily she doesn't mind presents in progress)! After some twitter-based research I discovered you can get black and white frames like this from Habitat, but I'd like one in dark wood, so I'm going to ask my framer to do it properly.
Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness
Close bosom-friend of the maturing sun
Conspiring with him how to load and bless
With fruit the vines that round the thatch-eaves run;
To bend with apples the moss'd cottage-trees,
And fill all fruit with ripeness to the core;
To swell the gourd, and plump the hazel shells
With a sweet kernel; to set budding more,
And still more, later flowers for the bees,
Until they think warm days will never cease,
For Summer has o'er-brimm'd their clammy cells. 
John Keats

No comments: